Sep 11, 2011

9/11 Girdafi Memorial

Today is a important day to remember. Exactly 10 years ago thousands of people died because of an act of terrorism. Mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, sisters, brothers, family members, friends, acquaintances, strangers, human-beings like you and me. Even a decade later this tragedy is still as horrible as incomprehensible.

That's why I had to put up this little knitted memorial:


The Girdafi tag is installed on a street light in front of the Wiener Stadthalle, the place I spent my evening exactly 10 years ago.



"I was here today exactly 10 years ago!
Depeche Mode played a concert
but the crowd was sadly muted.
Everbody was thinking about 2 airplanes
and the World Trade Center.
Do you still remember where you were?

In silent memory of the victims of terrorism:
21.12.1988 Lockerbie
11.09.2001 New York
11.03.2004 Madrid
07.07.2005 London
22.07.2011 Oslo"



No comments:

Post a Comment